Here you will find all of my relevant policies & disclosures. Hopefully this will answer any questions you may have but if not, please feel free to contact me anytime using the contact sheet at the end of this post.
Katherine Deckert operates www.hospitablehomemaker.com (the “Site”).
Address: P.O. Box 554 Binghamton, NY 13902
We are committed to maintaining your privacy.
This site does collect some data from its users.
The policies outlined below describe our collection and use of personal data collected.
INFORMATION COLLECTION, PURPOSE AND USE
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to name, email address, cookies, usage data, password.
We may use your personal information to
- send you our newsletters from time to time
- manage contacts and send messages
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us which may be of interest to you
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- interact with external social networks and platforms (e.g. social media widgets and share bars)
- allow registration and authentication (e.g. affiliate portals and membership areas)
- allow access to third party services’ accounts
- manage and monitor hosting and infrastructure
- carry out remarketing and behavioural targeting (including display ads)
- display content from external platforms
- carry out commercial affiliation (e.g. display ads)
- interact with support and feedback platforms
- manage user database
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site.
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this data.
What are cookies?
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information.
Some of third parties such as for example Google Analytics and Google AdSense collect statistics in an anonymized and aggregated form and may not require the consent of the user or may be managed directly by us without the help of third parties.
Through browser preferences, it is also possible to delete cookies installed in the past, including the cookies that may have saved the initial consent for the installation of cookies by this Site.
Users can, for example, find information about how to manage cookies in the most commonly used browsers (e.g. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Microsoft Internet Explorer) on the website of the browser of choice.
Your personal data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Why we use personal data – the law
We may process personal data relating to users if one of the following applies:
• users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes;
• provision of data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the user and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
• processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
• processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us;
• processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party.
Retaining Your Data
We process and store your personal data for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- personal data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between us and the user will be retained until such contract has been fully performed;
- personal data collected for the purposes of our legitimate interests will be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes;
- we may be allowed to retain personal data for a longer period whenever the user has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn;
- we may be obliged to retain personal data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or transfer your information to third parties unless we provide you with advance written notice. This does not include those resources we use to make optimize your experience and conduct our business such as web hosting and email marketing providers as long as those providers agree to keep your information confidential.
We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We are not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without our permission.
We also link to third party sites so please keep in mind that we are not responsible for their privacy practices or policies.
What are your rights?
Users have the right to do the following:
• Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their personal data.
• Object to processing of their data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
• Access their data. Users have the right to learn if data is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the data undergoing processing.
• Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
• Restrict the processing of their data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their data. In this case, we will not process their data for any purpose other than storing it.
• Have their personal data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their data from us.
• Receive their data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any undue delay.
• Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection supervisory authority.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com.
These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by us as soon as possible and always within 30 days.
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our Site as safe as possible.
Personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
This blog is a source of income for our hospitable home and we feel it is necessary to let you know a few things about that. Occasionally you will see endorsements/ testimonials on our website which are given to benefit our readers & may result in some income for us. Some of the links on this blog are “affiliate links”. This means if you click on the link & purchase the item, we will receive a small commission. We only recommend products or services we use personally or have other reason to be confident in, & believe will be of value to our readers. This statement is made in according with the Federal Trade Commission’s guidelines regarding endorsements & testimonials.
Hospitable Homemaker is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
This policy is valid from 19 June 2018
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content may not always be identified.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
*Disclosed in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Please keep in mind that this blog is meant to be welcoming & encouraging. We welcome all kinds of comments, including disagreement, when it is done with respect & kindness. This is our virtual home & we would very much like it to remain hospitable so consider that when you phrase your comments. Let’s spend our time building each other up & having honest, respectful conversation.
I would love to have you share this info! I’m always encouraged when we can extend hospitality to other areas of the internet & our real lives so share away. Please keep in mind, however, that the images and written work here are property of Hospitable Homemaker. You are welcome to share one or two images if you provide a link back to this site. You are also welcome to share up to 100 words without consent. If you would like to share more than that please obtain written approval from me before doing so. And feel free to pin away!
We do not intentionally market anything to children under the age of 16 and we adhere to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
What if we sell?
If, for some reason, we sell this company in the future. Your personal information provided will considered an asset transferred to the new owner.
What if this changes?